Headquartered in Harrisburg, PA, PFM Asset Management LLC, is among the largest investment-grade fixed-income managers in the United States. For the period ending June 30, 2018, PFM’s asset management division had $128.7 billion in total assets, including $88.3 billion in discretionary assets under management and $40.4 billion in non-discretionary assets under advisement, consisting of short-term fixed income assets for operating funds and bond proceeds and longer-term multi-asset class portfolios. PFMAM specializes in managing investments for clients in the government, insurance, healthcare, higher education and other institutional sectors.
PFM is currently seeking a qualified professional to join our Arbitrage Rebate Group. The Arbitrage Rebate Group provides federal tax compliance services to the proceeds of tax-exempt municipal bonds. Services include tax compliance calculations, investment cash flow and expenditure allocation analysis, investment valuations, and related consulting services.
This position is located in PFM’s Harrisburg, Pennsylvania office and is being offered on a part-time basis requiring approximately 20 hours per week. The individual selected for this position will have an opportunity to utilize their problem-solving skills, quantitative skills, financial modeling skills, and interpretive abilities to provide innovative solutions to tax-exempt entities.
Job responsibilities include the following:
• Prepare tax compliance calculations and reports for PFM;
• Create cash flow analyses, expenditure allocation analyses, and related analyses;
• Review bond documents;
• Manage the information flow between PFM clients, client counsel, and administrative support staff;
• Communicate with clients on related matters;
• Serve as a resource to internal management and marketing staff;
• Coordinate tax compliance calculations with third-party consultants;
• Work on additional tax compliance or investment management projects;
• Support sales, marketing and service activities as appropriate.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree in accounting, mathematics, actuarial sciences, computer science, finance, economics, or a related field
• 1-3 years of relevant financial, investment, trading or accounting experience desired. Prior asset management accounting, tax accounting, governmental accounting, or arbitrage rebate experience is a plus.
• Strong proficiency in MS Office applications (particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Outstanding teamwork and project execution skills with multitasking capability
• Accuracy when preparing documents; attention to detail is a must
• Knowledge of standard reference sources and ability to research information in response to specific direction
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Meticulous, organized, and creative
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Commitment to excellence and a strong sense of personal responsibility
• Professionalism in all communications, including phone and e-mail
• Team player
PFM is proud to offer our professional employees a competitive total rewards package including salary, incentive bonus potential, a comprehensive benefits package, and ongoing training and development opportunities.
PFM is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
PFM is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE, M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug-free workplace.