PFM Asset Management, LLC is a privately held registered investment advisor headquartered in Harrisburg, PA, with offices around the country. PFM is among the leading investment managers in the United States, and provides cash management, multi-asset class investment management and consulting services to local governments and other tax-exempt institutions.
For the period ending June 30, 2018, PFM’s asset management division had $128.7 billion in total assets, including $88.3 billion in discretionary assets under management and $40.4 billion in non-discretionary assets under advisement, consisting of short-term fixed income assets for operating funds and bond proceeds and longer-term multi-asset class portfolios.
For long-term assets, PFM manages multi-asset class fund of funds portfolios primarily for pension funds, OPEB trusts and endowments/foundations. PFM’s longer-term multi-asset class business is referred to as “Multi-Asset Class Management” or “MACM.” PFM’s MACM business started in 2006 and is now responsible for the management of more than $11 billion in institutional assets. In this capacity, we serve as an outsourced CIO or discretionary manager-of-managers for various types of plan sponsors country-wide.
PFM is currently seeking a business leader to serve as a Senior Business Developer / Relationship Manager to lead new business development and client relationship management initiatives for our investment advisory practice.
This is a senior position with responsibility for leading business development strategies to continue building our client base in Texas. This role will also serve as the key point of contact to a subset of PFM’s existing clients. This individual will be charged with leading and strengthening existing client engagements throughout the state of Texas. The Business Developer will establish and maintain client interface with CFOs, Finance Directors, and Investment Committees, in general, providing capital market and economic updates, performance reviews, asset allocation and/or money manager recommendations to institutional investors.
Travel to clients and prospects throughout the region is required for this role. When not traveling, this person will work from PFM’s Dallas or Austin office.
All applicants should have a superior understanding of the institutional investment market and experience working in or with public sector and other institutional investors.
Key tasks include:
• Expand PFM’s multi-asset class and fixed-income investment management business in Texas by identifying targets and seeking mandates in areas such as state and local governments, special districts, self-insurance funds, not-for-profits, healthcare and higher education institutions, and developing strategies for closing new business;
• Develop and expand business while maintaining existing relationships with investment management clients (primarily public agencies);
• Coordinate information flow between staff, clients, and PFM project and product managers on a regular basis;
• Coordinate preparation of client reports and other written communications;
• Present reports and other materials to clients at meetings;
• Analyze various options to come up with optimal investment solutions for our clients;
• Create innovative ways of educating clients and prospects on current market events and investment opportunities; and,
• Support other sales, marketing and service activities as appropriate.
PFM’s total rewards package includes a competitive base salary, bonus eligibility, and comprehensive benefits package. PFM also offers the option for participation in profit sharing and 401K plans.
PFM is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
PFM is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug-free work environment.