COMPANY DESCRIPTION: PFM Asset Management LLC (“PFMAM”), part of the PFM Group, is nationally recognized as a leading public sector investment advisory firm. We provide cash management, investment management, specialized investment structuring, and consulting services to state and local governments, higher education and health care institutions, public pension plans, foundations and endowments, and Taft-Hartley funds. PFMAM manages approximately $60 billion in discretionary assets, consisting of short-term fixed income assets for operating funds and bond proceeds and longer-term multi-asset class portfolios. PFMAM professionals work with government officials, investment bankers, attorneys, and other finance professionals to develop and implement investment strategies on behalf of our public and non-profit sector clients. We are a firm of more than 600 professionals located in 40 locations across the country.
The Investment Operations Analyst will work within the centralized Client Service Group (“CSG”) and be responsible for interacting with Management, CSG team members, cash management banks, and brokerage firms. They are also responsible for understanding the products, procedures and protocols used by the Processing team. This position is not client-facing. The specific responsibilities for this role are outlined below.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Works with the PFMAM Client Services Group to facilitate the back office processes for Investors such as:
- Download bank reports and files from banking platforms
- Enter transactions into internal shareholder accounting systems
- Work with broker dealers and individual banks to maintain CD program and resolve disputes.
- Transmit batch wire and ACH files to cash management banks
- Setup and maintain cash management bank accounts
- Resolve transaction discrepancies between accounting systems and bank records
• Participate in monthly activities:
- Process dividends
- Manage accuracy for statement production and online access
- Calculate expenses
• Work with the Client Services Group to identify inefficiencies in processes and participate in creating alternative solutions
• Utilize reporting tools to communicate data to other teams
• Process Investor audit confirmation and supply orders
• Work with Operations teammates to identify inefficiencies in process and participate in creating solutions
• Work with banking institutions to resolve transaction issues
• Support Operations Manager
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, or a related field preferred
• 2+ years of prior financial services / banking industry experience preferred. Relevant and transferable internship experience will be considered.
• Exposure to the following technical applications:
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Access
- Visual Basics for Application (VBA) knowledge preferred
• Active listening skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
• Desire to improve processes, take initiative, and solve problems
• Attention to detail and accuracy in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
• Ability to quickly learn complex concepts and seamlessly manage multiple priorities
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience - includes competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, profit sharing and 401K plan eligibility.
PFM is an equal opportunity employer (EOE, M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug-free work environment.