PFM Asset Management LLC, part of the PFM Group, is nationally recognized as a leading public sector investment advisory firm. We provide cash management, investment management, specialized investment structuring, and consulting services to state and local governments, higher education and health care institutions, public pension plans, foundations and endowments, and Taft-Hartley funds. For the period ending September 30, 2017, PFM Asset Management LLC had $116.4 billion in total assets, including $78.5 billion in discretionary assets under management and $37.9 billion in non-discretionary assets under advisement. PFM professionals work with government officials, investment bankers, attorneys, and other finance professionals to develop and implement investment strategies on behalf of our public and non-profit sector clients. We are a firm of more than 650 professionals located in 40 locations across the country.
PFM is seeking an Investment Operations Processing Analyst for our centralized Client Service Group ("CSG") in Harrisburg. The Investment Operations Processing Analyst will be responsible for interacting with Management, CSG team members, cash management banks, and brokerage firms. They are also responsible for understanding the products, procedures and protocols used by the Processing team. This position is not client-facing. The specific responsibilities for this role are outlined below.
• Works with the PFM Client Services Group to facilitate the back office processes for Investors such as:
- Download bank reports and files from banking platforms
- Enter transactions into internal shareholder accounting systems
- Work with broker dealers and individual banks to maintain CD program and resolve disputes.
- Transmit batch wire and ACH files to cash management banks
- Setup and maintain cash management bank accounts
- Resolve transaction discrepancies between accounting systems and bank records
• Participate in monthly activities:
- Process dividends
- Manage accuracy for statement production and online access
- Calculate expenses
• Work with the Client Services Group to identify inefficiencies in processes and participate in creating alternative solutions
• Utilize reporting tools to communicate data to other teams
• Process Investor audit confirmation and supply orders
• Work with Operations teammates to identify inefficiencies in process and participate in creating solutions
• Work with banking institutions to resolve transaction issues
• Support Operations Manager
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, or a related field preferred
• 2+ years of prior financial services / banking industry experience preferred. Relevant and transferable internship experience will be considered.
• Exposure to the following technical applications:
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Access
- Visual Basics for Application (VBA) knowledge preferred
• Active listening skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
• Desire to improve processes, take initiative, and solve problems
• Attention to detail and accuracy in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
• Ability to quickly learn complex concepts and seamlessly manage multiple priorities
• AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply for employment with PFM
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience - includes competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, profit sharing and 401K plan eligibility.
PFM is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
PFM is an equal opportunity employer (EOE, M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug-free work environment.